What should you expect from an SEO agency?
Posted By: Jason
If you are considering enlisting an agency to help you improve your search engine rankings or are currently working with an SEO company but want to know more about what kind of results you should be seeing then this post is for you.
As leading a digital agency who provide SEO Services in London and beyond, we at Lexel are able to give you the full brief when it comes to what you can expect when you hire an agency to help with your SEO and what to do if you’re not sure you’re getting the results you’ve paid for.
Search engine optimisation is one of the most important things you can focus on in the realm of online marketing. If your site ranks well on the likes of Google, you will be in a much better position to get the business you want and need for your company. 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine and whilst many companies pay to have their site displayed at the top of certain search terms, it has been proved that 80% of people ignore paid adverts on search engines and click on organically high ranking sites instead. This means that it is much more cost effective to put your money into an SEO strategy rather than using PPC (pay per click).
So, how can you be sure that the SEO agency you work with are all that?
- When choosing an SEO agency to work with, your best bet to assess their level of expertise is to look at their previous clients and to read their testimonials. A strong company will also offer you the chance to speak to one of the clients whose SEO they worked on and happily provide you with a way of contacting them. This display of confidence and transparency is a good indication that they are going to be good at what they say they are.
- Top agencies will ask you if you want to talk, either in person or online, for free to find out more about what exactly you need. You will be able to tell by how much time they take to get back to you after an initial enquiry, how much time they dedicate to talk to you and just their general welcomeness during these first interactions. If they are already coming across difficult then politely decline to work with them. There are endless SEO agencies, you don’t need to settle for one who don’t show you the level of respect and dedication you deserve.
- After your first chat, the normal protocol is for an SEO agency to create an audit of your site. This should be ready for you to view within a week and include a detailed amount of research into your website, it’s current keywords and their rankings and two lists, one of things which you will need to do and the other, an extensive catalog of what they will be doing for you.
- It’s important to note that SEO strategies can take months to see drastic changes but once you sign a contract with an agency, you are well within your rights to ask for a weekly review so that you can keep up to date with the improvements in your rankings and stay in the loop with what the agency has been doing.
- If an agency promises you quick fixes for SEO then they are not worth talking to. There are no such things and false promises are a very bad premise to start doing any kind of business.
- Regular communications and updates are part of any good SEO agencies services so don’t hesitate to get in contact with them if you have anything you want to find out more about or query.
You will be able to tell very quickly if the agency you’re in talks with are up-to-scratch. Just with any other relationship, communication is key and if you are able build trust with the agency then you know you will begin to see results.
If you're looking for a reliable SEO agency to help you improve your sites rankings then get in touch with us today.